FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:07 pm
GallyChef

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
1) With the LHR-BCN cancellation you can rebook to another date for that booking, up to 1 year after PDX-SEA as initially scheduled.
2) You can be rebooked LHR-MAD-BCN quite easily
3) You can be rebooked from PDX to SEA or YVR if that helps you make the BCN service (but given 2 that doesn't really make sense).
4) You can also be rebooked PDX-ORD-LHR or PDX-DFW-LHR since AS has codeshares on those routes
5) You can have a full refund.
I can't see a PDX-LAX option but obviously it depends on the date concerned. Not much of this makes sense to me since essentially PDX-BCN looks do-able on some sample dates, with minor route changes, I don't see how LAX helps matters.
Quick follow-up question: since the LHR-BCN segment was cancelled (in J class), I wonder what that segment is "worth" if I just have them refund that leg outright? That way we could just buy a new fare to LIS or OPO for a nominal amount and avoid a complete re-pricing of the fare. The telephone rep did not have an answer, and sent the question onward to some other specialized department, but won't have an answer for up to 72hrs, and our original flight is just a day or two later than that answer might come...

Thanks again!

Last edited by GallyChef; Sep 6, 2021 at 2:08 pm Reason: typo/clarity