FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Sep 4, 2021, 4:13 pm
GallyChef

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
1) With the LHR-BCN cancellation you can rebook to another date for that booking, up to 1 year after PDX-SEA as initially scheduled.
I can't see a PDX-LAX option but obviously it depends on the date concerned. Not much of this makes sense to me since essentially PDX-BCN looks do-able on some sample dates, with minor route changes, I don't see how LAX helps matters.
The idea of flying through LAX is purely personal: we'd appreciate being able to have a short <24hr stop to pass off a couple items to family and to perhaps have dinner. It also has the side-effect of giving us an extra hour's flight time in F to LHR (allowing us to enjoy a theoretical extra hour of amenities prior to sleeping), plus slightly better EQM / AS points due to the longer F leg. None of these are all too terribly important--we were fine flying though SEA in the first place, just thought it would be nice to make the change if we could, given the circumstances...