FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:14 am
Blue Skye

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Blue Skye
How long should it take for a ticket to be reissued? Cash + avios for $$$ off fare.

Original flights booked via BA for October. BA ticketed/ AA operated flights JFK -> MIA -> MAD/MAD -> JFK -> DCA
Called in to BA on 23 Aug, and was able to change flights to near end of September for no change in fare, no change in booking reference number, and no phone fee (something about refunding, then rebooking on their end) . Simple flight change, same destination: BA ticketed/ AA operated - DCA -> JFK -> MAD/MAD -> JFK -> DCA

I was told they were busy, and it could take a bit to get the ticket reissued. I was able to select seats on the AA site, too. I keep checking on the BA app, and BA site, and while my flights show up correctly with date/time, there is not a ticket number. I have not received an updated receipt either. When should I start worrying or call to check on this?
Follow-up: I have a new ticket number as well an eVoucher for the fare difference. It took about 2 weeks for them to process the changes. Glad it was a simple change, and a smooth processing process for BA.