FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:27 pm
DaveS

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by dadio77
Just read on the BBC that a 'probe' has been launched into Expert Medicals by the CMA:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58439049

Like a number of users, I opted for their £28+7.99 option for my recent trip, posted our tests out to them on Weds and not yet heard anything... could well receive results this evening but judging by the story on the beeb, it's unlikely!

It'll be interesting to see whether refunds will follow for late results etc. - their website explicitly states they're not liable, and I'm not sure if it's a three day turnaround from posting or receipt, but they've had over £100 from me to do a lateral flow test - given it's all pretty much a government backed scam, I hope there is some recovery for travellers, but not holding my breath!
Unfortunately the day 2 testing is looking like a scam now from some providers. I don't know if it is a majority. I reported earlier in this thread that Randox had not provided results for my family. Others an I have had good experience with Randox in the past, but not so this time. We are on day 13 now and still nothing. The tests were returned on time and delivery very quickly by Royal Mail. No response from Randox to a support request sent Wednesday afternoon. Who knows, our tests could have been positive and we have been spreading COVID around Kent... I kind of hope not to hear anything as the next step will be a chargeback through the credit card used.