FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:03 pm
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by progol
I’m torn whether or not to purchase a kit or not for my husband and me. It looks like I have a choice of buying a 2-pack with Optum for,$69.99 or a 6-pack with emed for $150. It’s not clear to me whether the 2-pack can be used for 2 people or the individual buyer. $150 is a lot for the 2 of us if we only need 1 each, though Abbot says on that each person should 2 tests in case there is a problem with one.

Since we are going to Italy (flying out of Naples), the cost per test there seems much more reasonable since all we need is an antigen test.

Or, if we do buy them, which kit should we purchase? Would we be able to use the 2-test kit for both of us?
If you know for a fact your Italy trip will be your one and only trip that has you returning to the US this this year, then just get it done in Italy. Otherwise, get the 6 pack or the 3 pack (extra for backup or to use in an emergency for personal use). Anybody (more than one person) can use the 6 pack. Many people have confirmed that already.