FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:54 am
ukchris

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
While many here have been through the fit to fly process I had not and tend to be a worrier, as I just did my first test I thought some may find it of use. I booked my Fit to Fly tests via Qured, they have an online proctored/supervised test where you book a video call. The test had arrived several days back and the process was straightforward. It seemed my call was with a young guy in England sat in his bedroom - the wonders of work from home. A few verification questions, swab my nose, stick the swap in the liquid for 30 seconds then stick the test strip in and start a 15 minute timer. He had me write out the date, time and a reference to his initials then told me I have to place the strip on the paper with my passport and send a photograph when the fifteen minutes is up.

Fifteen minutes later a neat blue line shows a negative result, took a picture, mailed it off and within five minutes I had my "fit to fly" letter in my account. I thought I'd get a VeriFly QR Code but must have misunderstood so I just did a manual uplaod to VeriFly for confirmation, haven't heard back from them as yet but it all looks promising.