FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:41 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eudemian
Just looking to book my return flight to London now. I'm flying from the West so time zones are "in my favour" as it were.

I leave MEX at 23:00 on 5th Sept local time (which is technically 6th Sept in UK time). I land in the UK, before transiting to Switzerland, in the afternoon/ evening on the 6th.

"If you have been in a red list country on 2 September you must arrive in the UK no earlier than the 13 September in order to avoid being classified as a red list arrival."

Based on this, I wanted to make sure it's the case that I can arrive in the UK on the 16th of Sept with no problems right? 16th is much preferable for me vs the 17th -- so just wanted to check with everyone here to be sure! Thanks.
So if you are doing a same day transit that would be fine anyway, which would cover you for your MEX-LHR-Switzerland when you pass through LHR on 6 September.

In terms of a later flight back to the UK, if you were last in a red list country on 5 September as you note then if you came to the UK on 15 September or earlier you would be a red list arrival. You need to arrive no earlier that 16 September to avoid that, so yes I agree with your reasoning as you would have a clear 10 day period before (6 to 15 September) where you had not been in or transited a red list country.

Arriving in the UK on 16 September should be fine and you won't be a red list arrival.

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 3, 2021 at 7:52 am