FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:25 pm
coleslaw

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Here right now and I was allowed 1 pm check out. Just hanging by the pool until my "work" day is over. Food is still included for lunch on check out day. I was sandwiched between 2 buy out (1 wedding and 1 corporate retreat) so no upgrade. Food is not as good as Miraval Austin. The ground is beautiful although its been very foggy this past couple days and dining at Sur House without the view was underwhelming. Service is very slow at the Sur House: your dining experience could easily be 2 hours with just some appetizers (I love the octopus), 1 main course (lamb is great), and desert. Overall I would not pay 2k+ a night for this property. An amazing value however if you redeem cat 7 certs here. Miraval is better than Ventana in my opinion.
I also found the Miraval Berkshires good to be better than Ventana, mainly because they seemed to have more variety and a much better lunch setup.

I did find that service at Sur House was very, very slow depending on your server. Some
were good. One in particular was pretty bad. To the point that on my 3rd night I (discreetly) asked to be moved to a different section. Funnily enough the booze would always appear very quickly after ordering.