FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:14 pm
Cmag211

Originally Posted by skj
The front desk staff said we should have the new room by 1pm when we checked out of the first room. They claimed they were strictly enforcing the 11am checkout for all guests departing that day and said they would make sure housekeeping prioritized making our new room ready.
We were told the exact same thing when we checked out and the first person we talked to said “we’ll try for noon”. What’s irritating is I believe they said they’d notify us when our room was ready just to appease us. They never did even though (I think) our room actually was ready by about 12:15 according to our digital room key. We texted around 2 to check the status and they replied “We’ll let you know.” They never ended up texting us or giving us physical keys for that second night, we ultimately just let ourselves into our new room.

I agree that this property could have a better way of handling multiple reservations back to back. I don’t expect to not have to move (although it’d be nice), but I was disappointed at how the move was handled.