FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:27 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skj
We had a similar situation where we had to check out of one room after two nights and move to a different room for the third night. I had advised the property we had 2 reservations for consecutive nights a few weeks in advance of our stay, but they still were unable to block a room for the entirety of our stay. This is really basic stuff for any property, much less one that charges $2K+ per night, and Ventana Big Sur seems to screw it up with some frequency.
Originally Posted by myperks
same room type?
No. We had booked the base king room using 30k points for 2 nights and a Cat 1-7 Free Night Award for the 3rd night. This resulted in 2 separate reservations. When we checked in we were given a nice upgrade (presumably due to status) but only for two nights. When I pointed out we were there for 3 nights, they seemed surprised and we were told there was nothing available for the 3 nights we were staying, and it was unlikely we could remain in our room but they would try to work something out. When we checked later, we were told we had to change rooms under the same terms as Cmag211 - out by 11am and then a several hour wait until we could get back into a room. The second room was still an upgrade over the base room but the whole process sucked. This property makes a point of reaching out to guests a few weeks in advance of their stay for dinner reservations, booking activities, and any special requests. I informed them of our 2 reservations at that time and assumed they could handle assigning us a room for all 3 nights of our stay, but based on ours and other's experiences, this is beyond their capabilities.