FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:49 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cmag211
Drinks add up fast $$$. I would recommend bring a bottle or two of wine along.
We brought a few bottles for our stay. We took one to dinner and paid the $50 corkage and enjoyed another bottle with dinner in the room one night (no corkage fee for that )

If you care to read about our one small annoyance, read on:
We arrived around noon and had to wait until 4:30 until our room was ready, but we were upgraded to a Big Sur Forest Shower Suite. We had to check out and then back in for our third night due to two separate bookings and they made us leave room by 11am and told us unfortunately our new room wouldn’t be ready “for a few hours” which was a bummer. We asked them to reach out to us if our room was ready early and they said they would watch for us and let us know, but they seemed a bit irritated we asked? I noticed by 12:15 my phone showed a digital key available for our new room, but we just thought it was a mistake/it wouldn’t work until later. By 3:30ish we were a little restless so I thought I’d just try the digital key, and it worked. I texted the front desk asking for a second robe (one was missing) and they had seemed like they had no idea the room was ready, and our guess is that it was ready by 12:15 which made the whole situation a little irritating. On the plus side, we got another bottle of Prosecco for our anniversary
We had a similar situation where we had to check out of one room after two nights and move to a different room for the third night. I had advised the property we had 2 reservations for consecutive nights a few weeks in advance of our stay, but they still were unable to block a room for the entirety of our stay. This is really basic stuff for any property, much less one that charges $2K+ per night, and Ventana Big Sur seems to screw it up with some frequency.