FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:22 am
Cmag211

Just wanted to add a few thoughts to the thread based on my recent stay.

Service was mostly good, but certainly didn’t blow us away. Would be disappointed if paying cash. Food was very good for all-inclusive, overall I’d give the food a solid 8/10. I highly recommend you try at least one lunch at the Smokehouse. Everything is included and the meats and sides were all great.

Resort is beyond breathtaking and the rooms are excellent. The views, gardens, and overall setting truly are magical. Was one of the most beautiful places we had ever been (no hyperbole) and we have traveled all over the globe. We didn’t even see the sun for the first couple days because of the fog and it still didn’t take away from the beauty.

Drinks add up fast $$$. I would recommend bring a bottle or two of wine along.

Admittedly the forest showers were a gimmick, but a gimmick we absolutely loved. I’d pick that over the hot tub personally, mainly because there are two other great hot tubs on-site. I also much preferred the privacy of the patio on the forest shower suites compared to some of the other room types.

If you care to read about our one small annoyance, read on:
We arrived around noon and had to wait until 4:30 until our room was ready, but we were upgraded to a Big Sur Forest Shower Suite. We had to check out and then back in for our third night due to two separate bookings and they made us leave room by 11am and told us unfortunately our new room wouldn’t be ready “for a few hours” which was a bummer. We asked them to reach out to us if our room was ready early and they said they would watch for us and let us know, but they seemed a bit irritated we asked? I noticed by 12:15 my phone showed a digital key available for our new room, but we just thought it was a mistake/it wouldn’t work until later. By 3:30ish we were a little restless so I thought I’d just try the digital key, and it worked. I texted the front desk asking for a second robe (one was missing) and they had seemed like they had no idea the room was ready, and our guess is that it was ready by 12:15 which made the whole situation a little irritating. On the plus side, we got another bottle of Prosecco for our anniversary