FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:57 am
canyonleo

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's not just Andaz, it's everything in Wailea. Check prices at Wailea Resort (Marriott), Four Seasons, Fairmont, even the RI and AC.

We burned points at RI last visit and enjoyed that much more than Andaz. It was nice to have comfortable seating and a real desk and table.
Comfortable seating and a real desk? I'm sorry, but other than a couple Andaz haters, many of us (and others that will come to read) love the Andaz for so many reasons (and each has his/her own preferences for what one likes in a property):

Mokapu and Ulua are GREAT beaches
The reef is one of Maui's VERY BEST
The slope pool for kids is GREAT (greatly aided in my daughter's confidence in learning to swim)
The lawn adjacent to the beach is one of Maui's VERY BEST property offering for having a picnic, watching a sunset and sky star watching
For a "big hotel", it's among the best of a non-Vegas type feel
For a non-town property it's an easier walk into town than any Kaanapali, Kappalua or Wailea resort

And then there's items like spa/gym, hip pool scene, breakfast, staff friendliness, Morimotos, adult tranquility that some comment about.

I find the desk in my Andaz room to be perfectly sufficient for what I want in a Maui property desk (and I do work a fair amount on Maui trips, best way to get away with doing a 3-5 week trip not a one week trip).