FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay insurance benefits (2020-2023)
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:37 am
coleslaw

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by threeoh
Generally you need to show your original purchased itinerary and then what you got changed to (a revised itinerary, copy of the boarding passes, etc.). They want to see you were actually delayed 6 or 12 hours. A statement from the airline saying you were delayed overnight might also work.
Thanks. I do have the original itinerary (but not the original boarding pass... the flight was cancelled before I got to the airport and since I had a bag to check I didn't bother checking in online. I also have the rebooked itinerary (and the boarding pass) and I should have a statement from the airline saying the cancellation was due to weather (although those statements don't usually explain that they rebooked my the next day... just that they had to cancel a flight (or that it was delayed) and the reason for the cancellation/delay.