FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:28 pm
mctravel1

Programs: Continental; American; Delta
Unfortunately, the Maldives has been added to Dubai’s PCR on arrival list, so you cannot leave transit area when headed home from Maldives. This sucks because I had plans to overnight in Dubai tomorrow night (forced a 19 hour layover for this purpose) and now I have to spend the night at the transit hotel.

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hi mate, did you stay airside during your 20 hours? at the transit hotel? or go out for the night? Sorry I have had several long transits through DXB previously but don't know how things have changed with Covid, and once upon a time I would just clear immi and spend the night somewhere and come back the next day
Unfortunately, the Maldives has been added to Dubai’s PCR on arrival list, so you cannot leave transit area when headed home from Maldives. This sucks because I had plans to overnight in Dubai tomorrow night (forced a 19 hour layover for this purpose) and now I have to spend the night at the transit hotel.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 2, 2021 at 5:32 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts