FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not getting an answer from customer service
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:44 am
FlightDetective

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Anonba
BAs guidelines for data protection are that if you aren’t named on a booking it cant be discussed and no action can be taken on it.

Otherwise anyone could access another persons booking.

The solution is to have your friend add you as a nominee on their Executive Club account.
I completely understand the verification and am happy it exists. However, as I mentioned, my friend is not a member of the Executive Club. I had also paid for the upgrade to Club Europe on my card, using my e-mail address and so on, so my details would be in that booking somewhere.

The telephone agent didn't want to hear it, she sounded like I'd ruined her day upon answering the call, then while she was typing away I asked her, "How's your day going?" (as I will usually ask, as the agents are usually happy to chat) - she ignored that, then said no, you need to be a third party on the booking and as you're not, you'll have to ask the person to do call in to do that. That was the call.

The chat agent, on the other hand, clearly knew what she was doing and it was all sorted without any hassle.

I understand people have a bad day and having worked in a call centre myself, I get it. However the first agent was one of the most abrupt and rude agents I have ever dealt with at BA - and I was on the call for about two minutes. I was so shocked by the attitude I didn't press on any aspect, I just ended the call and decided to go for the chat to give it a go over calling back.