FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Dude Ranch Resorts: Recent Experiences?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:01 am
Mickidon

Smile

Originally Posted by benjinito
So great to find a review of the Green O on FT! Eyeing it for an October / November honeymoon (pending availability). Thank you soooo much for posting.

Which haus did you stay in? Any recommendation?

Did you happen to take any pictures of the haus and facilities? I'm perplexed by the lack of real photos on their website - tons of beautiful renderings, but now that the property has been open for ~2 months, I'd expect some real pictures

In terms of the landscaping not being complete, how bad would you say? 50% complete, 75% complete, etc...
First of all, congratulations! We didn't see any honeymooning couples during our stay, but maybe that is a target group, as there is a mirror over the bed, a Poconos like touch that didn't thrill me but YMMV. We stayed in the Green Haus, which was quite comfortable. The interior is well represented in the renderings but the roof sitting area is silly, with a chair next to some mechanicals. I didn't see any of the other units but, to my eye, the Round Haus looks a bit more closed in and maybe harder to live in with the odd flow. As mentioned previously, the Tree Haus probably doesn't offer much more of a view, but it may add some privacy. The homes are really not that far from each other but take a look at the website diagram that shows locations and go for one away from the road (used by service vehicles sparingly) and make sure that you are not near any construction. I didn't hear any, but work was going on in earnest on both sides of the property.

Since the Green O is located in a wooded area, I am not sure what kind of landscaping to expect. There were stumps, some piles of rocks and debris, but it didn't really matter. Perhaps some of the paths will be paved, rather than the stones now in place. And I do hope they
fix the steps in the front, which are lovely to look at but require giant steps to traverse up or down. There are no facilities or pool or anything else planned as far as I know, so I don't think the landscaping now should be of great concern, other than not being perfect for IG shots....something I believe they designed the homes to accommodate.

A lot of the newness created some kinks, with our fireplace having to be fixed almost daily and the safe not working. They really want this place to be a jewel but, so far, only the dining room is A level...I'm sure adjustments will be made by the time you arrive. Sorry, but I am not much of a
photographer, but happy to answer any more questions you might have. If you are up for the activities, especially equestrian ones, you can happily fill your days but be aware you will be hopping into a Lexus Hybrid to and fro to get to them.

Last edited by Mickidon; Aug 24, 2021 at 8:05 am Reason: spelling