FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Dude Ranch Resorts: Recent Experiences?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:34 pm
benjinito

Originally Posted by Mickidon
Very legitimate question, one I can't really answer as I would not likely return. The star of the show, by a country mile, is the food/chef. The property just opened and has jitters and is physically not totally ready...they are still constructing a few houses and the landscaping is not
complete. Or even really started. But the chef has the kitchen together and we enjoyed the ambitious, interesting menu for a few days. Guests are provided with Lexus hybrids to get around from point to point and the juxtapostion of luxury cars next to corrals seemed off. The siting of the homes is
in a forested area with none of the beautiful vistas available in some of the regular Paws Up accommodations. I'm not sure of the point of the "Tree Haus" as there isn't much but the top of trees to be seen. The houses are comfortable and influencer ready with porch swings and a fireplace but
they aren't as private as one would expect....our hot tub was next to the road for utility vehicles. As well, style trumped function in a few cases, including a triple length trough sink (it would take forever to fill this up for shaving if one was inclined) with no mirror facing it. The mirror and limited shelf space was on the left wall.

What to do? We did a few random activities, took a hike, got massages, read on the deck and wondered why we paid so much for this stay. As noted above, most activities come with a charge and, as with every property on earth, staffing shortages made availability limited. The centerpiece shared building was basically a dining room and managers seemed to come out of the back area but no welcome lounge or space not filled with tables. I heard from an insider that the first few weeks were challenging and they definitely have to work on how things are done...for example, on our departure
after this very pricey stay, the MOD didn't even come out to say goodbye. Our luggage was in the car and that was it. Although we didn't stay there, the Magee section of Brush Creek has a pool, so there is something right on property. Here, not so much. It's a WIP, but the price point is too high
for what is provided, IMO. I will say, however, that the staff we did encounter both here and at Paws Up were absolutely delightful.
So great to find a review of the Green O on FT! Eyeing it for an October / November honeymoon (pending availability). Thank you soooo much for posting.

Which haus did you stay in? Any recommendation?

Did you happen to take any pictures of the haus and facilities? I'm perplexed by the lack of real photos on their website - tons of beautiful renderings, but now that the property has been open for ~2 months, I'd expect some real pictures

In terms of the landscaping not being complete, how bad would you say? 50% complete, 75% complete, etc...