FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rebookings with RUCs/GUCs (schedule change/IRROPs/voluntary changes) Thread
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:27 pm
MotelRomeo

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Throwing out a data point to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Had my first flight since March 2020 last week. Main cabin award with an RUC applied shortly after booking (all segments cleared to FC when cert applied). Flying back last Friday I noticed an earlier connecting flight, and I tried to use the same day change feature in the app. The connecting flight showed as available so I tried to make the change in the app, but got an error after getting to what I presume would be the last step to confirm the change. Ended up going to the Sky Club, and tried to get an agent to make the change for me. She was unable to make the change, and mentioned something about the fact that my original purchase was an award flight that was preventing her from confirming on the earlier flight. I thought an RUC would allow me to change to any open FC seat, but apparently not. It was only an hour later arrival, so not the biggest deal in the world, but I was hoping the change process in the app would be smoother.

Has anyone else out there had similar troubles with same day changes on awards with an RUC applied?