FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much power does this FA (nonrev) have?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:22 pm
chleonard

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by fly747first
Key words: "supposed to". Sadly, some NRSAs are incredibly unprofessional and abusive. A couple years ago, I had an off-duty FA traveling with his partner so he took my seat without even waiting for me to arrive... when I did, he rudely pointed me to sit somewhere else and I refused. The guy then told me that seat assignments are subject to change and I reminded him that non-revs can lose their flying benefits for violating rules, including taking the seats of full-fare passengers. He wouldn't stop arguing with me and I lost my patience... went up to the galley and asked the on-duty crew if AA's policies had changed overnight to allow non-revs to steal the seats of CK flyers. The purser wouldn't have it, told the guy to immediately move and wasn't shy to inform him that she would be writing him up. I tried to be classy and just gave him a winner's smile as he moved to the last row of F. His partner didn't say a word to me during the flight and I'm glad he didn't.
Their traveling partners can be just as bad. I was on a flight a few years ago where I happened to have a row of MCE to myself. Just as boarding was finishing, a non-rev shows up at my row with his wife and daughter. Wife immediately tells me I have to move because the family can't be split up, not asks just *tells* me to move - only other open seat on the whole plane is very last row middle seat next to the lavs. I say "no I paid for this seat weeks ago, sorry" (no AA status here but I did specifically pay for the extra legroom - I'm tall and anything except a MCE aisle is very uncomfortable). Wife (who is very obviously drunk btw) continues berating me while the husband keeps telling her it's no big deal before taking that last row seat. Wife and daughter finally take the seats next to me and give me dagger eyes for the next three hours, fun!