FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Aug 23, 2021, 2:39 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Have been trawling this thread and this seems the most relevant post - could I please ask a little clarification. I am looking at a flight later in the year CDG-JNB rtn on BA. There is a chance that I may need to change the return. The booking conditions state " Changes permitted at any time for the difference in fare. Changes subject to availability. " I am trying to understand how those fare differences work.

The CDG - JNB fare shows as €227.00
The JNB - CDG fare shows as €194.00

Let's say I needed to return 3 days later. The fare for that new day (currently) is €327 - so are you saying when you mention above that "often it is a reprice at historic fares" that the likelihood is that the change in fare would be €133 (€327 - €194) - or is it more likely that it would be based on whatever the fare is on the given day when the change is made? Or something different, like based on the one-way fare on the day? I am assuming there is single answer.
The chance that you will be able to rebook the return segment later/closer to departure without a significant up-fare, is close to zero. You can hope for a cancellation or schedule change that will allow you to rebook without add payment.

Rebookings based on historical fares do no protect you from the booking class not being available for the new desired dates. If unavailable you need to pay up-fare based on the fare/booking class available when you rebook.