FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Era UA inflight service changes {Archive}
Old Aug 21, 2021, 9:15 pm
dilanesp

Programs: united
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Honestly, when you call something "First Class," I expect something a lot better than coach. The seat, yes, was much better. 1 round of drinks in F is not better than 1 round of drinks in Y. And giving me a salty, high fat snack in a cardboard box is anything but "First Class" in my opinion. Anyone who says that the snack box is better than what they receive in Y is making the same argument that Banquet frozen dinners are higher quality than a can of sardines and crackers.

And the funny thing is that a nice plated "snack" has such a low cost when done at high economies of scale. The FAs are working regardless. Do I dare say that they are yet to cut the highest expense for them in an F cabin, personal real estate?

Does Spirit still have the "Big Front Seats" but with the Y service as advertised? Because that's basically what this was.
​​​​​​I flew F on an interisland flight on Hawaiian recently. I really wasn't expecting anything other than a nice seat and an extra bag allowance. Seemed "First Class" to me.

UA and other airlines aren't hiding what you get. If it isn't worth the extra fare, travelers can decide not to fly it.