FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Era UA inflight service changes {Archive}
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:53 pm
phkc070408

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
It is just a 2 hour 45 minute flight - what more was to be expected? Did you ring the call button if you wanted another drink?
Originally Posted by cmd320
A meal. Plated on actual glassware, with metal cutlery. Heated in the galley by a competent cabin crew. I mean, we're not talking about Y on EasyJet here...

If what is to be expected on a 2.75 hour flight in first class is essentially a cardboard box of shelf-stable snacks our expectations have fallen far too low as consumers.
Honestly, when you call something "First Class," I expect something a lot better than coach. The seat, yes, was much better. 1 round of drinks in F is not better than 1 round of drinks in Y. And giving me a salty, high fat snack in a cardboard box is anything but "First Class" in my opinion. Anyone who says that the snack box is better than what they receive in Y is making the same argument that Banquet frozen dinners are higher quality than a can of sardines and crackers.

And the funny thing is that a nice plated "snack" has such a low cost when done at high economies of scale. The FAs are working regardless. Do I dare say that they are yet to cut the highest expense for them in an F cabin, personal real estate?

Does Spirit still have the "Big Front Seats" but with the Y service as advertised? Because that's basically what this was.