FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Aug 21, 2021, 3:27 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by efincomputer
I've just had a flight cancellation in Feb for the JFK-BOS leg of a SFO-JFK-BOS-LHR-DUB trip (no issues on the outbound trip at the moment). That leg was on BA metal, upgraded from CW to F using Avios. If I call up to reschedule the return flights (keeping it all within a day or two of the original times), should BA allow me to book an F flight back from JFK, rather than BOS, and change the routing to SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR-GLA, given that BOS is within the 300 mile rule from JFK? I don't want to drop the 40TPs on the return journey, hence the insertion of the LAX leg, but could live with losing it if I had to?
Yes, but maybe do it in say mid January? That way AA' won't be changing their flights quite so often. The 300 mile rule relates to changing gateway, which you aren't doing, you are rerouting and the restriction there would be Maximum Permited Mileage (MPM). And your new proposal won't affect that. If you're only doing it for the TPs then there are easier ways to get 40 TPs, and you increase uncertainty when you add complexity.