FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Aug 21, 2021, 3:23 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Looking through the thread I confess I am confused. I think I am allowed to change both legs, under BA's T&Cs, Will I be permitted to re-book into F on any alternative OB connecting flight, regardless of fare bucket? If so why won't it let me under MMB (which doesnt even seem to have the re -booked OB details, or at least wont allow me to see them without changing the MSY-LHR leg). Ive called BA Gold line, and been told by the recording message they are too busy to take my call.
Yes you can rebook to other dates, but as mentioned upthread once you have changed a booking, added vouchers, done anything unusual to it, MMB's functionality gets more restricted, hence you need to call up. You only get one free change per cancellation, which you have had, hence MMB isn't letting that be moved. However the return also being cancelled means that no longer applies. Lines are busy because there are a lot of cancellations and as soon as flights get cancelled people ring in.

It really goes back to not making changes immediately something happens. You will end up in a cycle of unnecessary work while you end up mothering the booking, flights are not filling up so it's usually best just to leave it until nearer departure time. And beware maybe bookings. A maybe booking is any flight that you are not 101% going to take.