FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:26 pm
Schwann

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here again last week, as it makes a convenient 'close to the airport' option. The Amex Travel site was offering a "Premium" room for the same price as a regular room through the Hotel Collection, so booked that. However after I asked Hilton via Twitter to add my HH number I noticed the Hilton app was just showing a regular king - so obviously an issue somewhere with the Hotel Collection rates. Anyway, there was no pre-arrival upgrade so queried the mismatch with the front desk, and showed them the Amex email saying "Premium Room". Had to argue (well, discuss) the toss a bit here, as they seemed very reluctant to honour it and tried to offer me a City View King instead (the standard upgrade here). Anyway, I had to wait for the room to be made up but I was given a Premium King.

I shan't go in depth about the hotel as my post above is still accurate. I'd say the breakfast has improved a bit, seemed more variety and also with some new a la carte options to order.

Once again the Hotel Collection rate here is a no brainer.. it was about £95 for two nights and had £73 resort credit to spend. Stacked with the UAE 25% discount on dining for HH members, I had two decent evening meals.

Got the points and night credits.

Last edited by Schwann; Aug 20, 2021 at 7:31 pm