FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:10 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I got a red one of those from Avis back in 2019 and it was a lot of fun, but kind of tight on space for luggage. My friend and I had to put our bags in the back seat. I also was not a huge fan of the 4-banger.

-J.
Yea, the trunk was pretty small. It fit my medium roller (a checked bag) and a duffel bag, and not much more. When I adjusted the driver's seat for comfort, it went all the way back so would be impossible for someone to sit behind me (and I'm only 5'11").
For me, by myself, it was fine. I was surprised how well a 4-banger handled. Just looked, and I drove it 269 miles, including a trip to Deer Creek and one to Smith and Morehouse (that was where I got to experiment with passing on 2-lane roads).
It was fine for the 4-day trip. If it was much longer, I probably would have taken a 4-door sedan. Nothing else I saw really interested me.