FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:49 am
WasKnown

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don’t worry about fluctuations to my credit scores that come from reducing/reallocating/expanding credit lines. Any score fluctuations which I see in recent years have been oscillations within a range that doesn’t materially change anything for me.

If on a new card account Chase gives a credit line limit that ends in a $__,X00 amount where X ≠ 0, isn’t that more likely to be a sign of having hit Chase’s personal card lending limit unless and until Chase gets an updated income figure?

Consumer card payment habits are now much more likely to involve multiple payments being made so as to cover big purchases much closer to when the transactions are made than used to be the case. So it’s well possible to have a $10k credit limit on a Chase card and yet have managed to charge $30k-$60k within a month on such card — and sometimes that is done without the utilization of the account ever even getting into the double digits.
Sounds like you’re talking about credit cycling which I mentioned in the post you’re replying to. You’re welcome to do that if you want. For people that want to grab SUBs and maximize their Chase 5/24 slots (as the op seems to), that’s just not a good path.