FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled flight - booked on next available (connection time now is 23 hours)
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:52 pm
DFWsakp

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Andriyko
You can change to any date within the ticket's validity, but travelling in December/January will require the original booking class availability. That's BA's rules. The EU Regulation seems to disagree, and I think you should be able to change to Dec/Jan with the AA/BA combination.
Thanks!
I ended up calling them and asking to change the Outbound flight to a future date. The Agent agreed to change that date for free, but would not change my inbound date without a fee (as that flight was still on time). Thus, I would still need to travel before my return (which was scheduled for 19th Sep). I told her that I can change my inbound online for free to a Jan 2022 date and whether she would change my outbound to Dec 2021 if I was able to do it online. She checked with her Team Lead and agreed. I then changed the inbound online to Jan 2022 and asked her to do her magic. But, her system said that I had already made one change and accepted the alternate flight that BA had provided. She had to again go to her Manager to get approval and she did that and now I have flights in Dec returning in Jan and did not have to pay any change fees or fare difference.