FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled flight - booked on next available (connection time now is 23 hours)
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:26 am
DFWsakp

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Cancelled flight - booked on next available (connection time now is 23 hours)

I had booked a BA flight from Dallas to Mumbai (Dallas - London Mumbai) for 25th Aug. BA cancelled the the London - Mumbai flight (the one arriving in the morning in Mumbai) and automatically put me in the next available flight which now puts me at a 23 hour connect (earlier connection was 9 hours). This also means I have to now spend a night in London etc. I tried going to the BA website to choose a new flight on any other day (between 30th Aug and 4th Sept), but BA keeps saying that there are no flights available. When I check Google flights, I do see a flight available with AA - BA (i.e. AA from Dallas to London and then BA from London to Mumbai) available, but it does not show up. I have tried multiple days and have the same problem for all. This is a cash ticket.
What are my options? If I call BA, will they be able to put me on AA/BA or perhaps Qatar Airways to Mumbai? There are no issues on the return and it's just the Dallas - Mumbai flight where I am having trouble.

Last edited by DFWsakp; Aug 19, 2021 at 2:24 am