FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:11 am
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by remaxmac
Wow. I wish I was surprised, but I've had BA issues with wrong info. On my flight in May I received an email from them stating that i "must" quarantine and take a test when I returned back to the US (which is wrong and has been a recommendation only for a long time). But a big airline passing on clearly wrong info is still brutal. Clearly they need to frequent this thread!
It's a fair point, I agree. I'd assume that only a very small percentage of passengers visit FT on a regular basis and, for the majority, they will rely heavily on what the airline tells them. Such blatantly incorrect information is bound to get some people really worried. As it happens, we live only a 10 minute drive from LAS so we drove over there last night to check in with AA. We have a pretty hectic schedule today and didn't want to arrive to find huge queues at the airport or run into other issues. The airport was pretty much deserted. We had uploaded all the relevant documents to VeriFLY and the agent was thrilled that we'd done so. Apart from scanning our passports that was it - no need to show any other documentation. All of our boarding passes were issued, and we were also then able to download our electronic BPs from the AA and BA apps. Obviously this is how it should be, but I was still relieved that it went according to plan. Now we just have to actually fly