FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:48 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
For a tourist orientated quick 3 night trip over the Christmas period, would this property at GBP324 be a better play than the Doubletree Tower Bridge at GBP289?

Bearing in mind its a first time trip to London for OH, so we would likely be spending a lot of time outside the hotel.
There's a Hilton Tower Bridge and a DT Tower of London, I assume you mean the latter.

I would say that is a fair differential. That DT is fine, and is well located for central London generally, being a very short stroll from Tower Hill tube, but it's not as good as Bankside as a hotel in terms of facilities, room size and staffing ratio. But still that's quite a high rate, I hope you can find a lower figure somehow or other. The DT is by the City of London and this can be read two ways: the financial side of the City will be dead over Christmas, it may be very quiet and unChristmas like. There again the little streets of the City are wonderful to explore with many old buildings tucked away. Bankside may actually be a bit more lively, with the South Bank of the Thames not so far away. If you are going to be out of your room a lot then I'd be tempted to look a bit more central. Maybe the Waldorf? It's probably more Chistrmassy.