FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:06 am
poohhead80

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Air Canada Cancellation, Rebooked to other airline (Downgraded from Premium E to E)

I was booked on "City in USA" - YYZ - "City in Asia" on Air Canada Premium Economy class.
Fifteen hours before the flight, I got an email saying that my flight "City in USA" to YYZ was canceled due to crew constraint.
I called the AC customer service and was on hold for 1hr 45minutes. I was rebooked to Economy class of other airline flight which does not have premium economy class.
I knew it would be a long shot. But I argued that I would like to be upgraded to Business if there is no premium economy class. The agent talked to his supervisor and I was told No. I am glad I made to my final destination safely. However, I think at least I need to get a partial refund for the price I paid for the AC Premium Economy.

I do not travel AC often. Therefore, I do not have knowledge about the refund request.

My questions are
1. How can I request the refund? Is this something AC would be willing to provide refund? How quickly does AC reply?
2. I would like to get refund to my credit card, not voucher/e-ticket. How does AC handle the refund process?
3. How does AC calculates fare difference of Premium E and E of one-way in an international round trip ticket?

I am a Premier Platinum on United (Star alliance gold)
Thanks in advance.