FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta JFK to DBV (Dubrovnik , Croatia) Service in 2021
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:09 am
mridley2

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They would've allowed anyone to rebook via AMS/CDG . Not a hard reroute, self rebooking tool would've even worked.
@flyerCO. I appreciate your flyertalk knowledge but this is not entirely correct. Delta cancelled DBV-JFK on Aug 5 due to a mechanical issue on on the inbound aircraft JFK-DBV from the day before. FA's said they resolved the MX issue but the pilots had already timed out so DBV-JFK was cancelled. I arrived at DBV Sat Aug 7th and the previous day's aircraft was still there. There were multiple technicians on my JFK-DBV Aug 6th that were flown in to remedy the aircraft or do some final checks/repairs.

Lots of Europeans are here in DBV on vacation so there was not a lot of space on AF/KLM flights. Btw KLM has 1 flight a day DBV-AMS. AF has two flights DBV-CDG so no, there is not a lot of flexibility to re accommodate 200+ passengers on a same day AF/KLM flight. It took Delta hours to re-book 200 pax in hotels. DBV is very busy right now. Locals say the tourism is about 75% of 2019 levels so it's very crowded. AND HOT. wheh.