FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:08 pm
PDXpress

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have confused myself reading various threads and the Hyatt site. I'll be at 23 nights soon (combo of 7 Hyatt cc tier nights and 16 actual nights stayed) and am debating whether or not I want to push it to 30 for Globalist by putting spend on my Hyatt cc for tier nights or doing some mattress runs at the Cat1 nearby or even some legit weekend getaways that I might not otherwise take.

I'd like Glob for about 15 nights next year (with kids) when we are in Asia and then for a few domestic trips. But I keep seeing references to Glob lite and want to make sure my efforts are worth it. Not really sure what "Glob lite" entails. I mainly want the breakfast/club access and would love confirmed upgrades in advance (even if for larger room). Would be nice to get a suite, but I realize that would only happen at check in, if at all. Right now I have some club access awards but they are set to expire in Feb 2022 and I'm doubtful they will extend.

Does glob lite achieve what I want? Do you all think it's worth the effort for maybe 20-25 nights next year?
​​​​​​
"Glob lite" is great and is a somewhat silly Flyer talk distinction. If you get to 30 nights this year you'll be a Globalist and get upgrades at check in (up to standard suites on a space available basis) and free breakfast for 4. You won't get confirmed Suite Upgrade Awards or access to a concierge unless you get to 50/60 nights.