FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How did I make diamond? 2 HH CC's?
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2004, 9:00 am
UDUNNOME

Programs: HH Diamond, AA PLT/AC
Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
Dunno where you're staying to only have 9,000 points for 15 nights and 9 stays.

"Current Year Stays: 9
Current Year Nights: 15
Current Year Base Points: 9,963"
You're average nightly rate is $66/nt! Pretty good for a Hilton product.
I've mostly spent time in HGI's. I received a stay credit for a business trip my wife took. She had to pay with HER corporate CC, so I don't think they gave me points for the stay. Otherwise, I've been in HGI OKC & Dallas/Allen and Hilton OKC and Milwaukee. The Milwaukee stay is what's throwing off your average calculation. Most of these other stays were in the $79-89 range (all paid with my HH AMEX)

"In recognition of your exceptional loyalty to the Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express..." "I've had the card since April and have probably spent $50,000 or so on it." If you have spent $50,000 and only have 150,000 HH points total, then it sounds like you're missing a few points. AMEX posts within days of the statement date. Maybe you've redeemed some HH points for rewards and that's the explanation but from a veteran it sounds like you should have more points than they're showing.
"Probably spent $50,000" from a *quick* guess... maybe more, maybe a lot less now that you point it out. I do not see where the AMEX site will allow me to quickly discern the total spent since I received the card. From the HH site, I've earned a total of 119564 from AMEX in 5 months. I haven't redeemed anything but am planning to soon.

Enjoy the Diamond privileges even though, from experience as a Gold VIP, the $66.00 hotels don't offer anything extra to Diamond VIPs.
Thank you, I think.

Originally Posted by Bkniaz
29 stays and counting, will probably end up around 35 by years end. I could care less if they give away gold to everyone, but to give away diamond is a real slap in the face for those of us that have had to earn it.
Tough crowd. If it makes you feel any better, *I* believe HH owes me this. I've been responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue from coordinating events at HH hotels from 1998-2002. I've been fairly Hilton loyal since before I knew anything about HH or points.

I suppose I was targeted for Diamond because I fit some sort of profile. Sorry if it steps on anyone's toes. Will this make me spend thousands more at HH properties until Diamond expires? Heck yeah. Let's start hearing about how best to use my new Diamond VIP status.