FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:20 pm
CoweyB

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by layz
You could always go BA one way and FR the other so you can use the lounges at LHR.
The oneworld site is cunfusing, for PRG it lists the lounge for AA and QR as "Mastercard Lounge" and then below that says it's in terminal 1.
For BA it lists the lounge as "Mastercard Lounge Terminal 1 TEMPORARILY CLOSED".
This sounds like the same lounge but the picture is of the T1 Menzies lounge.
It's been a while since I've been to PRG but in the non Schengen area (T1) there's two lounges opposite each other - the Mastercard lounge (used to belong to Czech airlines at one point) and the Menzies lounges that BA used. Perhaps the Menzies lounge has closed and the Mastercard lounge now uses both spaces but one side is currently closed due to lack of demand.
Has anyone been to PRG recently and know the situation?
I would say don't expect to get into a lounge with BA unless someone can confirm that they are accepting BA passengers.
Just for completeness, BA replied to a tweet I sent and confirmed there is no lounge in PRG “at present”. No mention of a voucher in lieu. I’ve decided to go with FR.