FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:42 pm
Chalmers3716

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Not sure ~5 hours is worth a trek to Marriott and back. Kinda of a marginal time frame for the benefit of that.
I'm somewhat of the same mindset, but the reason I'm considering it is, with the long layover, I'll land in STL at ~9:30, which will be 4:30 am for my body. Having access to a shower would be the main perk of the hotel.

Originally Posted by EWR764
Assuming on-time arrival and leisurely pace of international arrival and security re-clear, that gives you 3-4 hours to kill. A long time for the UA lounges at EWR. On a Saturday with minimal traffic, I'd jump in an Uber/Lyft and grab lunch/hang out on the water in Hoboken or Jersey City for a couple of hours. NYC is a little longer of a trip, but equally doable.

The United Clubs at Terminal C would get awfully boring for such a long layover, and the Marriott is nothing special unless you really need a midday nap.
I thought about that, or taking the train into Newark for lunch, but, knowing myself, I'll spend the entire time counting down the minutes til when we need to be back, and not sure the added (self-induced) stress is worth it.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 10, 2021 at 1:45 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member