FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:25 am
spartacus81

Originally Posted by spartacus81
But that only leaves it applying to those arriving later today, before midnight. And the instructions in the email are to download a new version at midnight tonight, and resubmit. So none of it makes sense, unless they want people who're arriving today to resubmit ArriveCan tomorrow, once they're already in Canada.

I guess I'll try to resubmit after 6am European time, before my flight.
I didn't end up re-submitting since the new app version didn't show up until a few hours after midnight EST, and had no problems. Stupid email just made me worry for nothing.

Just to share my experience, I arrived at YYZ T3 yesterday around 4 pm on a full flight from Europe. They kept us on the plane for maybe 10-15 mins, but once off I got through customs in less than half an hour. Agent asked to see the pre-arrival test which she looked through carefully, then just glanced at my ArriveCan receipt and vaccination card, and put the green sticker on my passport. After I was waived through all checkpoints by showing the sticker on my passport. Yesterday was the first day the on-arrival test was not required for those getting the vaccine exemption, though the handout I got said the test is still mandatory if you're randomly selected (not sure what the chance of that happening is). After being away for 3 months, I'm relieved I was able to wait out all quarantine and post-arrival testing