FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Is There a New Four-Drink Limit on AS Flights (August 2021)?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 4:07 pm
anteater

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
be interested to know what the response you got from AS was.
Mostly just the information from my original post: that serving is always at the flight crews discretion, that AS has adopted a more careful stance on serving so as not to over-serve individuals. The change was directly because of an increased number of onboard incidents and AS had to decide what was best moving forward and how to empower flight crews to make the safest decision. Generally, for a longer flight one could expect a double and then a couple of singles. Again, each situation is up to the FAs discretion because they are there for your safety and every situation is different. The consumption being seen now is higher than pre-pandemic with respect to: people who wouldn't normally drink inflight, people not understanding that drinking at altitude affects one differently, etc. I didn't ask if the directive had a hard limit on the number of drinks.

The two FA's who cut me off after two drinks were completely professional and polite about it and it did not impact my flight. I did give them kudos post-flight about handling the situation well, especially since there can be some difficult situations and travelers these days.

The response seemed perfectly reasonable. AS' primary job is to get everyone safely from A-B.

Last edited by anteater; Aug 8, 2021 at 4:18 pm