FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Is There a New Four-Drink Limit on AS Flights (August 2021)?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 9:34 am
anteater

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PDX4MSU
FA in first told me yesterday that AS has implemented a policy of a maximum of four drinks per customer per flight. I’m not opposed to this but wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.
I asked the same question to AS after being cutoff twice this year after my second drinks.

I don’t believe it’s a four drink limit specifically but rather a stepped up policy of preventing overserving due to an increased number of safety and security incidents. Alcohol consumption onboard is above pre-pandemic levels and there have been multiple incidents. So, since safety on a plane is priority one AS decided to implement a stricter serving directive.

For example, you could be served a double and then a single and then a single, and that is the recommended cutoff and anything thereafter is solely at the FAs discretion (assuming sufficient flight time for service).

I have been served way more than four drinks per flight recently, but it’s solely at their (FAs) discretion.

The important thing to remember is the FAs are always right and if you feel like there’s an issue to raise the concern post-flight with Customer Care.

Last edited by anteater; Aug 8, 2021 at 9:58 am