FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Restaurant and bar reviews/recommendations/questions" thread
Old Oct 29, 2004, 4:41 pm
brendamc

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
At $366 I woulda cried too

But seriously I do believe the restaurants in Vegas will have to start looking at the prices they charge its really getiing out of hand, that why Roseamarys
and the now closed I believe, Wild Sage are so attractive to me. Better food at 30% to 50% less. Example have lunch for two at Il Fornio which is just ok or Spago which is good and you can easily come away with a $120 check.
Main reason same bottle of wine is 3 to 4 times you pay at the liquor store.

All that said I guess I will just have to bite the bullet, life is too short for me to be cutting back on the pleasure of dining.
mike
This should be good news for you (& all!) re: Wild Sage:

From today's Las Vegas Sun:
Table 34 open: Table 34 opened Wednesday at 600 East Warm Springs Road. This should elate the many fans who bemoaned the closing of Wild Sage, the previous restaurant at that location.
Managing the completely refurbished restaurant is former owner Laurie Kendrick. Executive Chef Wes Kendrick, Laurie's brother, is the other half of the management team.
The decor at Table 34 is smashing. Except for the addition of a bar and additional rest rooms where the patio once was, no other structural changes have been made since the restaurant was Wild Sage.
Tile and carpeted areas have been replaced with warm random wood floors. A palette of desert colors adorn the painted walls. Mirrors give the illusion of space. The effect is wonderful. Table 34 is exactly what a neighborhood cafe should be. It's terrific.
And so are the menus.
Included on the lunch menu are soups ($4.75 for a meal-size bowl), pizzas, sandwiches (served with a choice of side dish) and comforting entrees, such as chicken pot pie, gratineed macaroni and cheese, seared salmon and all-beef meatloaf. Lunch hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lunch is available now; dinner service begins Tuesday.
The dinner menu includes so many longtime favorites: steamed black mussels in white-wine sauce, house-smoked salmon on a crisp potato galette, filo dough-wrapped baked Brie, savory salads, pasta and pizza, rack of lamb, seared Maine scallops, pot roast with herb spatzel, roasted chicken, char-broiled prime beef tenderloin, grilled rack of pork and more.
A menu of luscious desserts ($6.50) is offered at lunch and dinner. Happily, the banana fritters with warm berry sauce, vanilla bean creme brulee, lime tart, lemon cheesecake and other favorites are all in place. I got to sample a new dessert Wes was developing. Still a work in progress, the pistachio brittle that accompanied it was super.
A light Happy Hour menu is featured at the bar and upon request can be served at the table. Buffalo wings, crab cakes, shrimp cocktail and finger foods.
There's also a "catering to go," menu. Great idea.
Remember, dinner service begins Tuesday. Hours are 5 p.m. until whatever time diners want, Tuesday through Saturday.