FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Meltdown That Started Over the Weekend
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:52 pm
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by KansasMike
I'm surprised no one has posted about the AA (and, to a lesser extent, Sprit) meltdown that began over the weekend.
No, the AA operational meltdown started in mid-June. AA's operation sucked before mid-June but I would offer June as when things went from bad to spiraling out of control bad.

Originally Posted by dls25
...but there actually has been really bad weather in DFW the last few days -- hours and hours of thunderstorms often accompanied by hail.
Wrong. There has not been any severe weather (thunderstorms, hail) around DFW since late morning Monday.

They are not really lying this time,
It's now Thursday. DFW weather has been fine since Monday afternoon. I won't accuse AA of lying. But AA has lost control of their operation. AA is in meltdown.

Originally Posted by enviroian
I really don't know if it's AA that has such issues at DFW or DFW ops in general.
Your first sentence directly contradicts your second sentence. In sentence #1 you claim you don't know and then in sentence in #2 you offer this:
Basically when it rains there you're F'd and that goes for any airline operating.
Sentence #2 is just plain wrong. I have plenty of experience flying out of DFW on AA, DL, and UA. If it's just rain (plain old liquid rain, even strong liquid rain, not associated with frozen precip or convective activity), then DL and UA have no problem operating on time at DFW (provided, of course, there's no convective activity/snow/ice at their hubs).

DFW's runway configuration, ramp space, etc. is quite efficient as airports go. Both DL and UA operate just fine at DFW when DFW is routine LIFR.

Of course since you're one of those people who allow themselves to be hub captive and only fly AA, how would you even know if non-AA carriers at DFW are delayed? Should have ended your post at sentence #1 and let us free agents answer for you!

Last edited by Herb687; Aug 4, 2021 at 5:05 pm Reason: multi-quote