FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii - added COVID requirements for Canadian travelers over Mainland USA travelers
Old Aug 4, 2021, 12:28 pm
whitethunder

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Finkface
I have not and it is funny you should ask because I am wondering the same thing myself. While I am US vaccinated so exempt at the moment, I fully expect HI to bring back testing for everyone in light of the current numbers. I am flying back in a couple of weeks via the US so I am trying to have a plan B in place if I do need to test. I have BinaxNow tests to get me into the US but the timing doesn’t work to get a PCR at my connection.

My guess is that it would be no issue. Lots of people use US testing sites linked to airlines when not actually flying that airline. The airlines don’t care who you tested with as long as the test provider is on the list of trusted partners. It is an automated process and a QR code is generated by SafeTravels if your test is accepted. The airline just scans your QR code. If it comes to pass and they reinstate testing, I will be the guinea pig for you and try it.

Thanks for the reply!!

I was stressing last night trying to change my trip to include a layover in LAX for the place you mentioned but it’s impossible since I’m leaving Aug 23, massive change fees and I’m already on a nice 787 with lie flats…

ichoor Blood does do a Mail in Hawaii test that is valid apparently as their lab is in the USA but it won’t work for my Monday departure since they are closed sundays, maybe that’s an option for you

I did a fake booking on the life labs site (the air Canada linked test in Ontario) and it does ask destination and what airline and departure time but (can only choose air Canada westjet or united operated by air Canada) but I doubt they’d print that on the form eh??