FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii - added COVID requirements for Canadian travelers over Mainland USA travelers
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:46 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by whitethunder
wow some awesome info there, maybe you could assist

im booked to KOA in a few weeks, flying UA YYZ-ORD-KOA

The safe travels site links to air Canada which links to life labs for Ontario. It’s unclear if their test will work for flying UA, I emailed them and it says their test only works for “Air Canada, United Airlines (operated by Air Canada) and WestJet ONLY” so it makes it sound like it wont since I’m flying United Airlines (but operated by United)

Have you had any experience testing with them and flying a US carrier??

thanks
I have not and it is funny you should ask because I am wondering the same thing myself. While I am US vaccinated so exempt at the moment, I fully expect HI to bring back testing for everyone in light of the current numbers. I am flying back in a couple of weeks via the US so I am trying to have a plan B in place if I do need to test. I have BinaxNow tests to get me into the US but the timing doesn’t work to get a PCR at my connection.

My guess is that it would be no issue. Lots of people use US testing sites linked to airlines when not actually flying that airline. The airlines don’t care who you tested with as long as the test provider is on the list of trusted partners. It is an automated process and a QR code is generated by SafeTravels if your test is accepted. The airline just scans your QR code. If it comes to pass and they reinstate testing, I will be the guinea pig for you and try it.