FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should UA upscale the Hawaii fleet (postCOVID) and include premium pax lounge access
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:03 am
EWR764

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PenaltyBox
If the Hawaii demand is that great, could we see 777s replace all the narrowbodies to HNL from all the UA hubs or is the current Hawaii demand going to be short-lived when other leisure markets open up again? What's the current gate availability in HNL these days?
Aside from a few off-hour SFO and LAX, plus SNA (performance-limited), UA is pretty much all widebody to HNL this summer anyway. I am interested to see if that level of capacity continues given recent attempts to curb tourism (cutting off one's nose to spite one's face? but I digress...).

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The domestic 777s sure can use PP and more lie flat seats. Perhaps 60 lie flats per 777 is overkill but I wouldn’t complain!

48 is reasonable - 6 rows of IPTE C ?
If we are to see the Polaris product on the domestic 777s (this is by no means confirmed, and a very low-level rumor... but syncs with some comments made by management over the last few weeks) then I would speculate the same A-zone footprint as the Polaris 777s (32 seats), plus 24 PE, and somewhere in the ballpark of 290Y (mix of E+/standard). That would get to around 340-350 seats, which is probably what management is looking for.

Last edited by EWR764; Aug 2, 2021 at 8:12 am