FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:08 pm
svo242

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Yeah, it is really disappointing to read this. My experience with the staff at this hotel has been amazing. I am sad it is inconsistent for others.

If you’re going to book a cash stay at this hotel, I highly recommend doing a preferred agent rate. They have stay 3 pay 2 promotions that also stack with other benefits (f&B credit) and a guaranteed multi-category room upgrade on booking (not check-in).

Who did you email at the hotel? The concierge we know there is a member of Les Clefs d’Or USA. If you have heard of the golden concierge key before, he is part of that society. My understanding is that they have very high standards.
Definitely tough when service isn't consistent. I believe I emailed a Director of Rooms contact I had from a previous stay and someone else, I can't quite remember. But I will email the concierge in the future - good thinking.

Yes, agent rate would be great, but I actually booked it several months ago when the rate was quite a bit lower and included parking, which is a significant savings. Thanks for the tip, though!