FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:09 am
george77300

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by megaloman
Ah, I see what you mean I can do either.
I would suggest separating them as they are separate models (even though the ICAO code is the same). Especially on the Aircraft by Airline Stats.

But 'B77E' is not a valid ICAO aircaft type designator... you've spotted it for the triple sevens, but it's affecting other aircraft too - e.g. BCS1/BCS3 are either "Bombadier CSeries" or "Airbus A220" depending when the airframe was built... would you like them "bundled" as "Bombadier CSeries/Airbus A220" or listed separately?
Yes of course. May have that issue a bit later when I get to my CSeries flights. Again I would suggest separate to give people options? I was just going to put all mine down as A220s to be simple. But there's an argument for grouping the CSeries/A220 one as they are the same aircraft just new names. Kind of like the Bombardier to Mitsubishi CRJ. Rename of the same plane rather than the 777 where a 777-200 vs ER are technically different types that share a code? Just my 2 cents.

Yes, this is on my roadmap. I want to change stats slightly - so you get the list of aircraft by clicking the type on Aircraft Type by airline. Single list for all airlines is too long, slow to compute and difficult to use. Then adding sorting will be simpler too
Yeah I look forward to that!

No worries, I love constructive feedback and thanks to feedback like this I can improve the site thank you!
Thanks again for it all.