FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Reports: Four Seasons Hualalai, Big Island, HI
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:20 pm
potatoducks

Anyone stay here more recently? How is the service?

We stayed here a few years ago and loved it. We have another reservation for later this year but it appears as if the service has gone downhill. I sent the concierge an e-mail two weeks ago to make dinner reservations and never heard back. Sent a follow-up a week later and crickets. Got Ourisman to contact them and they basically said "Sorry we get to e-mails when we can first come first serve." I understand that but if you're over 2 weeks behind on your e-mails, it makes me very concerned about everything else. COVID, sure, but prices have skyrocketed to around $2500/night and this really just puts a bad taste in my mouth. Some recent tripadvisor reviews mention similar issues.

I'm considering cancelling and booking somewhere else (Mauna Lani?) but wanted to see whether anyone here had similar experiences.

This really sucks because always considered Hualalai the nicest resort we've been to in Hawaii and recommended it to others. Any other resorts with a comparable luxury/service feel? Any island really. I just want to sit on a beach and drink something out of a pineapple.