FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:22 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Update to my previous post: apparently my sample "could not be tested and will need to be repeated". So they'll FedEx me a new kit today or tomorrow. That will arrive... tomorrow? Sunday? Monday? So my day 1 test will be a day 6-8 test and results... 7-11 days?
Kit finally arrived today, so my Day 1 test will actually be a Day 10 test, with results not for at least a few more days. So, from a public health perspective, pretty much useless.

I'm also going to amend one of the statements from my first post on this topic:

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Doing the kit itself was not bad. At 8:15AM, I was able to make an appointment for a 9AM observation of my test. It took maybe 20 minutes, although longer than necessary because of Teams problems which aren't LifeLabs' fault.
In fact, I am going to blame LifeLabs for the Teams issues, at least partially. The problem I had the first time was that my microphone would not work, so I had to type anything I wanted to say. My microphone works fine with Teams day in and day out, but for some reason, the LifeLabs link would only open in my browser, not in Teams, and the microphone wasn't working through my browser (and I checked the privacy settings to ensure it had the necessary permissions).

Anyway, turns out that even though LifeLabs says you should download and install Teams, the link they provide contains the text "&webjoin=true", which will not open the Teams application (or ask you whether to open Teams), it will simply force it through the browser version of Teams (that includes if you open this link within Teams). I didn't figure this out at the time because we were trying to get the test done and I didn't have time, but I figured before I did this re-test, I would try to figure out what the problem was. Anyway, if you delete the &webjoin=true bit, it will ask you whether to open the link in Teams or in the browser and it should work fine.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 27, 2021 at 11:18 pm Reason: Corrected typo